Monday, January 27, 2014

Under attack by the enemy

January 26, 2014

Have you ever felt like when things take a turn for the worse in your life, that it brings even more bad things?  It can be from people making choices that are out of your control, it can happen because of the fallen, sinful world that we live in, or it can happen, because the devil is attacking.  There are verses in the Bible that speak of this spiritual warfare that we battle as Christians.  These are not all of the verses the Bible contains about spiritual warfare but here are several to read & think about.

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].


Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:13 - Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour

James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

James 2:19 - Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Hebrews 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

2 Corinthians 10:4 - (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

2 Corinthians 10:3 - For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

John 8:44 - Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matthew 18:18-20 - 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 6:13 - And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

Matthew 4:24 - And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Matthew 4:1-25 - 1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.



So what does all this have to do with what is going on?  Well, you all know how I've been trying to spend more time reading & learning from God's word to help me through this journey.  It has been rough this last week.  Morgan woke up early Sunday morning last week throwing up.  YUCK!!!!  I really dislike throw up.  She was finally all better by about 7 or 8 pm that night but I couldn't send her to school on Monday.  Then Wednesday, Braly went to school but I had to go pick him up, he got sick at school.  :(  I felt bad for him.  When I was about his age, I remember throwing up at school and it was awful.  Needless to say, he was fine later that day but then Sadie woke up at about 3am Thursday morning & threw up until about 5 or 5:30am. I had to sleep on the floor with her, right next to her because she was still half sleeping when she'd throw up & I was concerned that she's swallow it or something & get hurt.  I got the girls up for school & got them ready but as soon as they were out the door, I went to sleep on the couch & let Braly stay home & he helped watch Sadie.  Thankfully, she was completely normal the rest of the day and Friday the kids didn't have school so I slept in and then got up to get things ready for the day & for the Thirty-One party I was determined to have on Friday evening. 

A few friends gathered for my party & we had a fun time together.  Saturday was quiet & relaxing but Sunday morning, Gabby woke up throwing up around 6am. I really thought we were done with all of this.  I took care of her all day, missing church again, but determined that Satan would not win this battle. I turned on a cd of a sermon from a good friend & listened to the message.  It was GOOD and exactly what I needed to hear!  Made it through the day but around 10pm after getting Sadie to sleep, I started having trouble.  I spent the next few hours running to the bathroom and even passed out at some point in the bathroom from a stomach/intestinal virus.  I spent all of today (Monday) sleeping & resting.  I am feeling much better but I can say, holy moly, that devil is trying something hard to attack my family to get me to quit and I WILL NOT!!!!  Prayers to stop these attacks would be much appreciated. 



 The other night before bed, Braly started helping me look for a picture that we could print out of the Armor of God so we can put it on each day.  I'm not sure if we'll use the ones I've included in this message but wanted to share something with all of you.  I've read the whole book of Ephesians a few times in the last few days.  I'm looking forward to the devil giving up on us.  But we must be doing something right since he keeps attacking us so much in the last week.  Be blessed friends.  I need to get some more sleep so I can get my home put back together tomorrow.  Our kids have another canceled day of school because of the freezing temperatures and I've got an appointment so I'm off to bed to get some more sleep.  Oh, and I'm not sure what is up with the crazy colors of the fonts and I simply don't have time to try to fix them. Sorry.  Hope this post even makes sense. might need to make a note to myself not to write when I am exhausted. haha

2 comments:

  1. Well, after all that chaos I am so glad you at least got to have your 31 party and enjoy the company of friends for a little while! I hope the virus has gone far far away and you're all good for the remainder of the winter!!! We're off school today. The cancellations and delays this year have been like we've never seen! AH! We are so far off our routine and it's starting to drive me a little batty. LOL Hugs and :muchlove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better....wow what a time you have had!! It is when we are fully enveloped in God's word and doing His will that the enemy will attack. Ephesians 6:12 is my favorite and I go back to it over and over again. I love the diagram of the Armor of God. Kinda looks like a snowman! Perfect for this weather. Stay strong and lean on others when you can't be strong. My prayers are always with you! <3 Dawn

    ReplyDelete