Monday, December 30, 2013

Glad tidings! appt tomorrow, Gabby's game trip

We had a very blessed Christmas for sure!  Not only did we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ as a family but we got to celebrate it with my parents & sisters & their families.  It was so nice to get to see the cousins play together.  I remember all the fun I used to have with my sisters & cousins.  We'd play outside at my grandparents house when they lived at the lake.  We shoveled a spot to ice skate & then we'd go inside to warm up & dry our clothes near the wood stove or fireplace that Gramps had going all hot & toasty.  We'd go back outside later & skate, sled, and as we got older we were allowed to use the four-wheeler with this dented metal saucer attached to the back with a rope.  We'd spin in circles on the ice and laugh until we couldn't laugh anymore.  We'd hook the big sled up to the snowmobile and pile in it and ride around on the ice.  Grandpa had some fun toys for us to be spoiled with and we usually played pretty nicely together.  Oh the memories we share...so I really loved watching our kids play with their cousins in the snow, sledding, digging holes to sit in down near the old garden at my parent's place. Seeing the smiles, hearing the laughter, and watching as they lined their darkened glasses up on the table as they all came back in the house...it was fun!

I am thankful that Adam was able to make the drive over to Felch on Wednesday. He almost didn't make it because his car wouldn't start.  We had tried jumping it and were just about to give up & he was going to stay home because he had to work on Thursday and Braly started crying & my eyes were welled up with tears when I told Braly that we needed to pray.  It was a simple prayer.  We said, Lord, please start Adam's car & not let it have any trouble, we simply need to be together this Christmas.  Adam didn't hear us praying & within seconds he tried the car just once more and it started right up.  We thanked God and drove to Felch for our family get together. :)

The kids and I stayed until Friday evening so that we could spend some extra time with family that was visiting.  It was nice but it is always nice to get home & sleep in our own beds.  My parents gave up their King size bed to us and I slept with all 4 kids on that bed.  Rather funny and kinda wish I had a picture of all of us smooshed in that bed.  Reminded me of how we used to sleep a few of us cousins in a bed together at Gram & Gramp's house when we were younger.  Quite interesting to say the least.

As far as presents go...we normally do 3 presents for our kids each plus some stocking stuffers. We picked 3 so its not overwhelming and the significance is that the Wise Men brought Jesus 3 gifts.  One of the gifts is usually a little more expensive than the others but doesn't break the budget we have set aside.  This year our traditions were not followed.  We had a few groups and a few individuals help us out and our kids (and us) were extremely blessed.  It was different for me because I usually do all the shopping & wrapping while Adam is working his tail off for the busy season of delivering everyone's packages but this year, half the gifts were wrapped so it was a surprise to even me and it was fun!  We were blessed with some things we were in need of as well as fun things.  So thank you to all who were so generous to us. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity.  We pray that you will be blessed for all the blessings you shared with us.  Thank you so very much!!!

Tomorrow, Tuesday the 31st, I have an appointment to have my blood drawn to check the tumor marker, I think they will also be checking the estrogen levels to see if they are coming down to 0 as well as checking whatever they need to check before I get my shots.  I have to say, I'm a little nervous about it and have been reminded by some friends that I need to place it in God's hands and not worry about it.  I have had a headache the last few days & today it made my tummy feel sick. Well, at least that's what I think.  I'm not sure if the headache is from thinking about the appointment tomorrow or if it is from the meds (because just about all the meds I am on can cause headaches).  So I'm asking for prayer for peace about this appointment and that God will have those numbers have dropped drastically.  Oh & that my kids will all be healthy again. Sadie & Braly were treated for ear infection & bronchitis earlier this month just before we headed to Ann Arbor and now they and Adam seem to be coming down with another cold while Gabby & Morgan are finishing up the ear infections and bronchitis they were treated for last Monday.  Health and healing and a stronger trust in God and less strife are what we are praying for in our home.  As a dear friend shared with the kids yesterday in Kid's Church, Philippians 4:6.  I think this scripture was as much for me as it was for them so thank you for listening to what God wanted you to share!

Philippians 4:6

New Living Translation (NLT)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

I almost forgot that I didn't share how the football game went for Gabby.  Let's put it this way, she summed it up by coming in the door after 11pm Sunday night and the first phrase out of her mouth was, "MOM, I had SO much FUN!"  They left Escanaba a little before 1pm to head to Green Bay.  It had been snowing all day & kept snowing until late that night.  They drove about an hour, stopped to get something to eat & I think they took it with them.  They drove the rest of the way & got bundled up and went in for the game.  Gabby had warmers for her boots and hands and said she didn't need to use any, that she was warm enough. She had her sign to hold up. Though it wasn't very big, she held it a little and the other 2 girls that had also won tickets helped hold the sign when they were scanning the crowd on the Jumbo-tron.  Gabby said they didn't see themselves on it but they had fun trying.  And she enjoyed watching the snow throughout the whole game.  I'm not sure she really watched the game at all but they had a lot of fun anyway.  We sat at home looking for them in hopes we'd see them on tv but didn't.  The principal texted me a picture of Gabby & the other 2 girls but since I don't know their parents I won't share their pic on here.  So instead, I'll just share the pic I took of Gabby holding her sign just before she left the house. You may have seen it on facebook.  Thank you to all who shared her picture, video, and story.  We hope that you will continue to share the video with people.  In this day & age where videos are shared to show how to make things, do things, & teach us, it can be used as a tool that can share God's message that he loved us so much to send his son Jesus and it isn't judgmental, just an 11 year old sharing her heart because she wants for all to hear about Jesus.

I took a break from typing this but as I finish it up right now, I can hear joyful playing, laughter, love, and cooperation from all 4 of my kids in the other room and it lifts my heart and brightens my day to hear and see our children that God blessed Adam and me with getting along so nicely.  Thank you Lord for my husband and for our children!!!  I have learned so many lessons since becoming a parent. Lessons I may not have learned or understood quite the way I do since becoming a mom & so I am very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you had a wonderful Christmas! Wish I could bundle up our Arizona sunshine and send it your way. It really does wonders on chasing colds and sniffles away. God bless you and your family. Here's hoping and praying that the New Years brings you great joy! Hugs from your aunt in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the blessings of Christmas continue throughout 2014 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete