Friday, August 19, 2011

Delicious Trickery

I had a rough night.  Had a hard time falling asleep. I tossed & turned & instead of waking my wonderful husband up or keeping him from getting the rest he deserved, I tossed & turned on the couch only to be awoken early this morning by my 4 year old who was having trouble breathing. Smack forehead. I totally forgot to give her Claritin last night before bed.  She's got breathing issues & being outside all day yesterday probably triggered something.  Needless to say I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, need some energy & was hungry & wanting a tasty & quick breakfast.

I took out the blender. Got out the skim milk & added 1 C to the blender. That's 90 cals. Next I scooped 1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology into the milk, that's 150 calories).  Turned it on low & blended it up.  I then took out the almond butter & added about 1 Tbsp (maybe a little more, I didn't measure) so we'll count that as 120 cals. Next I added about 5 ice cubes & blended it until it was a thick chocolaty smooth malt.  That's only 360 calories for a delicious malt that is packed with tons and I mean TONS of vitamins & minerals that come from about 70  whole super foods with no added chemicals.  How did I get so blessed to find something so good for me, so tasty, & not packed with tons of calories?  If you would like to try some Shakeology, let me know.  I have sample packets in Greenberry & Chocolate. In a few months I should also have Tropical.


Great start to my day.  I wish you all a Fabulous Friday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment