Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tomorrow...only 40 days left

This is the fastest a pregnancy has gone by for me. I'm sure it has much to do with keeping busy with my husband & 3 children we already have.  But sometimes the last few weeks can seem to drag.  I woke up this morning with a sore throat & was more tired than usual today. I'm trying to keep looking at the bright side of things. Since I've been consuming Shakeology on a regular basis, I haven't been as sick as often.  That has been nice for the middle part of t his pregnancy as a pregnant woman is unable to take much of any medication to ease sick symptoms.

I'm experiencing less room for eating so I've had to increase my meals from 5-6 or 7 even.  I have found that if I eat something small but healthy at night I can make it through with a fairly good night sleep.  The aches & pains are creeping in quickly but they are serving as a reminder of how excited I will be to be able to workout with my favorite fitness instructor Chalene Johnson with Turbo Fire as soon as I am free & clear to do so.  Prior to getting pregnant with this sweet baby I had lost 15 pounds & 20 inches. The pain in my feet that I thought would never disappear was gone. Completely gone!  The creaking in my knees was going away & nearly gone on most days & my hip was staying in place for more weeks without having to get adjusted by the chiropractor after only 2 or 3 weeks.  I was feeling great!  I look forward to that feeling again.  I know it will take me some time to get back to where I was at but I also know that I will be doing my heart & body good by exercising on a regular schedule again.  Some days I am sad that I am unable to exercise like I was before, which is amazing because I used to really dislike exercise.  But I was feeling so good  & full of energy & happiness that I look forward to getting back to that.  I am thrilled to be carrying this baby & even more thrilled that my blood pressure & everything else looks great so far.  I keep praying that when our baby is born, she will be super healthy & that I'll be able to recover quickly too.  My hips have been going out more frequently with the extra weight & hormones but as I take each day one at a time, I am reminded of the beautiful gift we will be holding in about 6 weeks.  A precious, sweet, button nosed baby!

Coming soon will be a list of foods that are great snack ideas.  I'm thinking of putting them into categories according to calories so if you need to eat a snack of about 100 calories you look at that list and so on.  Would that be of interest to anyone?  Let me know.  It seems to be taking me longer to accomplish small goals lately but I really want to share this information with all of you as I think it would be extremely helpful.  And I've also been thinking that perhaps I need to include information about portion sizes & easy ways to measure.  I'm not sure if I will look this info up & share a link or if I'll put together my own document.  I am finding that people are  not aware of how many calories they are consuming because of the size of their portions.

PLEASE comment below with other things you would like answered on healthy choices & nutrition & fitness.  I like to arm people with information so you can make informed decisions.  OH & I just found out that Spark People website just added that you can use your cell phone to scan some packages of food & the info will automatically show up so you can add that you ate that food in your daily calorie intake.  How cool is that?  SO neat...its still in the works though so be patient with how it actually works or doesn't work right now.  When they get it all figured out, it will be a huge time saver & fun to use.  At least that's what I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment